Check Out District 46 Workshops, Media & Information
The list of Action items decided on at the District September inventory meeting for adoption in the coming rotation starting in 2021. Click here or on the pic for this list.
DISTRICT 46 BUSINESS MEETING SUMMARY October 20, 2020
- We elected a new Secretary, Phillip, and a new Alt. Secretary, Jessica.
- Blue Box announced that they are giving extra money to GSO, and the elected a new GSR and Alt GSR.
- The Area Finance Committee agreed to the purchase of a copier/printer for the Area Archives. They had originally come to us with a request for a much more expensive option. We asked them to gather other information. They came up with a much less expensive option and we all agreed this was a good use of the variable budget.
- The Ad Hoc Committee on virtual meetings made a recommendation to the committee to form a virtual district. There was a floor motion at Assembly to do that. It was pushed to the January Quarterly. That may come up for a vote at the next Assembly.
- The Remote Comm unities Committee put out a survey, which I have sent to you. If you have trouble with the survey, please let me know. Share it with your groups. Ideally, they would love to hear from everyone. My guess is that there will be an Ad Hoc Committee formed at the Area level to look at this question. CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT SURVEY!
- The General Service Office just had to take another $350,000 from their prudent reserve. Please stress this to your groups: the top priority for 7th Tradition contributions is GSO. They are now $800,000 into the prudent reserve.
- The Web Committee reported that they purchased annual Zoom Pro, saving a bunch of money from the month to month purchase. There is also going to be a change in our District address to match up with Area. Our new address will be district46aa.org. It will roll out in January. Both addresses will point to the actual website so there won’t be any miscommunication. Web will send out an announcement when this is done.
- The committee on the Handbook is still looking at it. There will be a link sent to look at the Revised Handbook. We will possibly vote on it in December.
- There will be a Newsletter probably beginning in December.
- Gerry will send out a look at the Inventory items. We will discuss these at the next District meeting. These will be posted on the District website. Link coming soon!
- We currently have a $4,000 surplus above our prudent reserve. There was a motion made to set aside $2,000 for web improvement and increasing hybrid meeting capabilities and to sent $1500 to GSO. It passed.
It's ON ... Online Meeting Schedules
Thanks to the hard work of some dedicated volunteers at Area 72, we now have our District 46 schedule updated and on the area website. Do we care? YES! This new system will allow us to make changes/additions/corrections almost in real time. It gives us the opportunity keep our schedules up to date.
The second aspect to the online system is that it hooks into an app, that you can download for Android or iPhone. It is "geo-aware" and allows you to see where and when the closest meeting at the nearest time is located. It also allows you to pull up information about that meeting. It then expands out to the general area or whatever time frame you want to search. And it WORKS. And it's FREE. And it's on NOW.
Check this link out for further information, or just click on the pic.
Attention Group Treasurers!
For 7th Tradition Checks to Area 72, please write your group and/or group number on the check and address it to:
Western Washington Area of AA
702 Kentucky St. #535 Bellingham WA 98225-4200
Our bank requires your donations to be made out in this name. Thank You!
For 7th Tradition Checks to District 46, please write your group and/or group number on the check and address it to:
P.O. Box 484
Anacortes, WA. 98221